SHOO, FLY, DON’T BOTHER ME
GET A FREE QUOTE
COMMON TYPES OF FLIES IN SINGAPORE
Houseflies are possibly the most well-known fly species. The presence of four vertical stripes on their back and the grey color of their body distinguishes them.
Another fly species that can be found in our environment is the fruit fly. They’re around 3mm long, yellowish-brown in color, and most have red eyes, making them easy to spot.
Bluebottle flies have a metallic-blue body with red eyes and a body size that ranges from 10mm to 14mm.
Flesh flies are similar in size to bluebottle flies, but they have a grey body and three vertical stripes on the back of the thorax that differentiate them.
Drain flies are sometimes known as moth flies because of their fuzzy bodies that resemble moths. They are usually roughly 2mm in diameter and can be found in drains and floor traps throughout the sewage system.
Another notable fly species that can be found in Singapore is the phorid fly. Phorid flies breed in drainage systems and decaying objects, such as plants.
SIGNS OF FLY INFESTATIONS
- Presence of visible flying insects around the premises
- There could be a potential breeding source if you spot maggots around
- Clusters of flies hovering at certain spots, for instance, garbage bins
- Check for larvae breeding at hot spots, i.e. drainage, grease or gully traps, drains
It is necessary to examine and monitor the premises on a frequent basis. A reliable and trustworthy flies control expert will present a pest trend analysis, service recommendations, and any other indicators of infestation.
HOW TO PREVENT FLY INFESTATIONS
Flies can be annoying and even dangerous to your health. Here are some recommendations about how to get rid of flies and prevent them.
- To keep flies out of your home, close windows and doors whenever possible.
- Fly-borne diseases are transferred by flies landing on food before we eat it, therefore keep your food covered until you’re ready to eat it.
- Food and spills should be cleaned up from preparation areas, under kitchen benches, and around your appliances.
- Ensure that any oil and dirt buildup on floor mats is cleaned regularly
- Clean up after your dogs since their faeces provide an ideal breeding ground for flies, who may land there before landing on your food.
- To limit possible fly breeding sites, keep drains clean and clear of debris.
- Engage professional pest control company: Flying insect control traps are strategically set to attract and trap these flies.
ORIGIN Exterminators is a certified pest control company in Singapore with 39 years of experience with fly infestations and other pest control issues. To assist you to get rid of these bothersome pests, we employ the most effective fly control methods.
ORIGIN offers several treatment options based on the severity of your fly problem at home, and takes into consideration the residents of the home, including pets.