THE SNEAKY COCKROACH
GET A FREE QUOTE
The most common cockroaches found in Singapore are the American and German cockroaches. American cockroaches are large (4-5 cm) and dark brown in colour, whilst German cockroaches are small (1-2cm) and light brown in colour. As they have different nesting and behavioural habits, ORIGIN will inspect your property thoroughly and administer the most appropriate and effective treatment for your home and its occupants.
Cockroaches enter homes in search of food, water and shelter. They can multiply quickly and can pose a threat to your health. Cockroaches carry pathogens that can result in food poisoning, diarrhoea and allergies. It is best to develop a cockroach control plan with ORIGIN, as we have in-depth knowledge of cockroach biology and behaviour. To resolve the cockroach infestation, it may require more than one type of treatment method.
HOW TO PREVENT COCKROACH INFESTATION
Cockroaches are a pest that carries bacteria that can contaminate your food and make you sick. Here’s a look at some tips to help you prevent them from invading your home or workspace:
● Cockroaches are known to be great scavengers. Thus, remove leftover food from kitchen counters because this can attract them. Store food in sealed containers.
● Ensure all rooms, and particularly the kitchen and food preparation areas are clear of crumbs and food waste. Clean and wipe down all surfaces and vacuum all room where food consumption takes place.
● Do not leave out pet food or food scraps in pet bowls.
● Fix any potential water sources e.g. drippinig tap or leaks so cockroaches do not have access to water.
● Removing excess clutter like boxes, old newspapers, magazines, furniture and wooden piles to prevent cockroaches from finding shelter.
● Dispose all food waste and rubbish every night and make sure all bins are covered tight with the lids on.
SIGN OF COCKROACH INFESTATION
Cockroaches can be a menace. They are carriers of diseases like gastro-enteritis, polio, dysentery and typhoid. Here are some signs of cockroach infestation:
● Cockroach Droppings- Cockroach droppings resembles black pepper or coffee grounds, dark in colour and cylindrical in shape.
● Egg Casings- Oval shaped egg cases, called ootheca, can sometimes be found in kitchens, bathrooms, basements and any other areas where there is evidence of cockroaches.
● Shed Skin- Cockroaches shed their skins as they mature from the nymph to adult stage. You may see skins of varying sizes in locations you suspect there are cockroaches.
ORIGIN COCKROACH CONTROL SERVICE