GET A FREE QUOTE
Pest Control in the Pharmaceutical Industry: Why Is It So Important?
In the pharmaceutical industry, pests can cause significant financial losses by contaminating raw materials, storerooms, laboratories, production facilities, packaging, and finished products. The presence of pests in a pharmaceutical facility can have serious consequences for the company, including:
- Damage to brand and reputation
- Loss of trust from customers
- Financial loss for damaged products and batch recalls
- Revenue loss due to cessation of production
- Claims for compensation by customers and consumers
- Legal action by regulatory or public health authorities
ORIGIN Exterminators understand how to prevent and manage pest infestations throughout the supply chain. Also, ORIGIN will reduce production losses, safeguarding your brand and reputation.
How to Prevent Pests in the Pharmaceutical Industry?
Pharmaceutical facilities should consider the following elements in addition to pest management:
- Keeping flies and birds out by closing doors, shutters, and windows. To keep rodents and insects away, structural flaws like cracks and leaks should be repaired.
- Pests have three basic needs: food, water, and shelter. Pests are kept away by strategically placing rubbish bins and maintaining good hygiene.
- Avoid storing objects in cardboard boxes since they are perfect cockroach breeding grounds. Rodent infestations can be avoided by properly arranging goods.
OUR PHARMACEUTICAL SERVICES
We are mindful of keeping the interior of your premises chemical-free and will incorporate that into our pest-specific treatment methodologies.
We will install monitoring stations targeting flies, crawling insects, stored product pests and rats – all numbered and mapped out to allow efficient itemizing and updating.
We zone sites according to: critical, adjacent to critical, non-critical and external. Each zone has its according threshold level and corresponding corrective actions preset to prevent breaches.
For new sites, we can establish a baseline either by using historical data or collecting data for 6-12 months.
We compile all data collected from monitoring stations and zones for trend analysis and follow up with recommendations for improvements and rectifications to achieve pest level well within threshold values throughout the facility.
We use lab-calibrated UV meters to check and establish optimal range of insect light traps – preventing flase data and ensuring efficacy.
Our team of experienced staff ensures preparation of documentation for FDA/HSA audits and that the pharmaceutical site is ready for audit.