Cockroaches are a pest that cause all sorts of trouble in houses and offices around the globe and Singapore is no exception. When cockroaches invade your property, it can bring along numerous pathogens which can have an adverse impact on your health. Cockroaches are also tough insects that are able to breed rapidly, survive in adverse situations, and live on almost any food. Thus, in order to get rid of them, you should hire a professional.
While the companies for cockroach control in Singapore offer remedial treatments, there are many preventive measures which can help in keeping these tiny creatures away. First, however, you can try following some important preventive methods to keep the coaches at bay. But if they do not work for you, then you should immediately contact a professional pest management firm.
Here’s a look at 4 things that can help you prevent cockroach infestations.
1. Eliminate food sources
Always eliminate all the food sources to minimalise the risks of infestation:
- Cockroaches love to reside in damp places. So, remove any standing water from the buckets or sinks to avoid providing a welcoming environment.
- Cockroaches are known to be great scavengers. Thus, remove leftover food from kitchen counters as it attracts them.
- Smell or odour plays an important role for cockroaches in finding their way to your home. You can reduce this attraction by storing food in tight containers.
- Leftover residue in cans and food packets can attract roaches too. Put these cans and plastics in a dustbin covered with a lid.
One of the best ways to prevent cockroach infestation is to keep the house clean. Ensure that the rooms, and especially the kitchen is clear of debris. Try to clean up all the waste from different rooms of your home. You should also wipe the floor and counters with disinfectants to prevent cockroaches. Also, remove pet food, drink, and litter trays, as roaches are more active during night.
Did you know that roaches release a pheromone in their droppings which releases a signal to others that they have found a safe place to live? Removing excess clutter such as boxes, old newspapers, magazines, furniture, cabinets and wooden piles will prevent cockroach from finding a shelter. Removing the clutter reduces the number of areas where roaches can hide and helps in ensuring complete cockroach control.
You should perform maintenance checks to ensure that everything is clean and organised. Follow the below steps:
- Regularly check the pipes and drains of your house as roaches are fond of moist areas. Regular inspection of these areas along with repairing the damaged pipes and clearing blocked drains can help in preventing roaches.
- The cracks in the grains of wooden shelves offer a great hiding spot to roaches. It is important to paint or varnish the shelves so that the cracks are sealed.
- Roaches find their way inside your property through walls, skirting boards, electrical sockets and kitchen sinks. Check these areas for cracks and holes and seal them to keep cockroaches at bay.
These preventive measures are helpful in keeping the cockroaches at bay but in case you face an infestation is it recommended to immediately seek help from pest control in Singapore. You can explore business directories and online websites to find reliable companies which offer solutions to ensure complete cockroach control in Singapore.
Explore the web for more information and suggestions on choosing the right services for pest control in Singapore.